Everything tastes better in a crescent roll– these something about a meal wrapped in a savory, buttery crescent roll. My mom made “chicken things” all the time when I was little, so I thought I would try a spin on that and see if it came anywhere close to the original.
Guess what? It did! I loved this spin, so now I have another staple- Chicken Things and Savory Squares (calling them sausage things didn’t seem quite right). Try it out and let me know how you like them– either the chicken or the sausage version
Now back to the idea of sausage things…does it seem like TMI? Maybe What are your thoughts on blogging lots of info your life– especially your relationship with your special someone??
Life Well Blogged is a book series featuring bloggers and some of their funniest posts! I read To Bliss and Back which explores relationships and marriage. I read it on a plane from VA to CA, and at some points, I was stifling in a laugh. Other times, I was praying no one was reading over my shoulder, like when I was reading 50 Shades :). I was exposed to some great bloggers that I am now following, and it was fun to read other stories about relationships.
To Bliss and Back also reminded me what a great husband I have who cooked and cleans, and I can keep the
nagging asking him to do stuff to a minimum
Do you want to win a copy of one of the Life Well Blogged books for your Kindle or Nook? The options would be: No Laughing Allowed, To Bliss and Back, and Holly Daze: Underachiever Extraordinaire.
For the giveaway:
- Like Food Ramblings on Facebook. Leave a separate comment letting us know you like us.
- Follow Food Ramblings on Twitter. Leave a separate comment letting us know you are following.
- Follow Food Ramblings on Pinterest. Leave a separate comment letting us know you are following.
- Subscribe to Food Ramblings through email or RSS. Leave a separate comment letting us know you subscribe.
- Follow @LifeWellBlogged on Twitter
- Sign up for Life Well Blogged Newsletter http://lifewellblogged.com/contact
PS!!! When 1,000 books are sold, Life Well Blogged will be giving away a Kindle Fire. If you are signed up for the newsletter – YOU ARE ELIGIBLE!
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage
- 1/2 package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1/2 can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove, garlic
- 1 container crescent rolls (reduced fat)
- Difficulty: easy
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In large fryer pan, put on medium high heat and spray cooking spray. Add garlic- once browned, add onion and sausage. Cook until sausage is browned. Add and mix in tomatoes and spinach.
Separate dough into 4 rectangles. With crescent dough, firmly press perforations to seal. Spoon 1/2 cup sausage mixture onto center of each rectangle. Pull 4 corners of dough to center of chicken mixture; twist firmly. Pinch edges to seal. Place on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.