The weather is starting to get cool in Virginia (I am even wearing my winter coat to work today), so it’s the perfect weather to make a Beef Stew. I used the back of a seasoning packet as a guide, but then just added ingredients that I thought would be great for a meal at home for Austin and me. Instead of using beef broth, I used chicken broth to make it a lot less heavy. I love being at home and smelling the stew cooking all day.
To make this great meal even better, add homemade cornbread topped with honey to serve on the side.
What’s your favorite meal for a cold day?
- 1 pkg. Beef Stew Seasoning Mix
- 1.5 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups chicken broth, low sodium (could use beef broth, but chicken broth makes the stew a little lighter)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3-5 potatoes, cubed
- 1 frozen pack of spinach
- Prep time: less than 10 min
- Cook time: 4-5 hours on high, 7-8 on low
- Servings: 6-8
- Difficulty: easy
Add ingredients to crock pot. Cook 4-5 hours on high, 7-8 on low. Stir occasionally.
Serve with cornbread topped with honey.