I hate being sick, and it seems like this winter, I just can’t catch a break! The weather goes from 60+ degrees to freezing and back again. Just when I start to feel better, the weather changes, and I start at square one. Halls and DayQuil are my new best friends!
Oh, and did I mention soup? Yes, soup is huge on my multiple trips down recovery lane. Except to see some soups and chilis on the blog because that’s what I’ve been eating
Up first is BBQ Chicken Soup that I adapted from Picky Palate. Has the same flavor profile as BBQ Chicken Pizza with none of those extra carbs!
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbs garlic, minced
- 1-2 cans of corn (I took the kernals off the corn cobs I froze from all the fresh corn I had over the summer)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chopped, fresh, cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 package frozen, chopped spinach
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce (Honey Chipolte BBQ Sauce)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs dried cilantro leaves
- Servings: 4
- Difficulty: easy
In microwave, cook chicken about 10 minutes. Shred chicken breasts and set aside.
Heat oil into a medium pot over medium heat. When hot, saute onions for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in garlic, corn, tomatoes, spinach, and chicken breast; mix to combine.
Pour in chicken broth, BBQ sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cilantro. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until ready to serve.